Snorkeling and scuba diving with expert teachers
and divers is available in the crystal clear waters.
IS FOR EVERYONE
In addition to enjoying the calm and beauty,
there are many activities on the island. Here are just some examples:
- What were formally called the "Navy" beaches are now part
of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Refuge, the largest wildlife preserve
in the Caribbean. These beaches are still known by their old "Navy"
names, Red, Blue, Garcia, and the more colloquial Secret Beach and many
more. They are just spectacular: solitary, and fringed with native vegetation
of palms and sea grape. These are in addition to the beach at Sun Bay
in Esperanza, which is over a mile of white sandy beach front with shade
trees and gentle waves for swimming, sunning, jogging, staring mindlessly
into space... and just a mile and a half from Los Bohios.
- Mountain bikes and kayaks to rent.
- Night time visits to the island's famous bioluminiscent bay.
- Snorkeling and scuba diving with expert teachers and divers.
- Motoring on your four wheel drive through the many rustic roads.
- Art galleries
- Historic light house and a Spanish fort with displays of Taino and
- Dining is fun with many open air restaurants with elegant as well
as casual Caribbean food. There are many places to lunch overlooking
the sea in Esperanza, just walking distance from the beach. Dinner can
include live music and some wonderful Caribbean cuisine.
- Massage therapists are available on site.
- Yoga classes are given nearby.
- Long walks on the beach and hikes through abandoned sugar plantation
...and much more...